Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day











We hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day. Our day was busy, but nice. Maggie was so sweet this morning, wanting to give Barbara her card right after waking up, which she did, along with a big hug and kiss and a "happy mother's day". After Church we picked up Barbara's mom and aunt and we all drove to Knoxville to have lunch with my mother. The meal was great and we all had a wonderful time. We shopped for a while and got home after 6 PM. Barbara said it was a great day!

Last week I had a conference I attended in Gatlinburg and I was able to bring Barbara and Maggie along. They shopped and swam while I was in training and I got to share the late afternoon and evening with them. We went to eat on Tuesday at the Apple Barn in Sevierville with my friend Dena, who I used to work with, and her husband Bob. We had so much fun and they adored Maggie. It was their first time meeting her.

When it was time to come home on Thursday, Maggie wasn't happy. She said she likes to stay at hotels and didn't want to come home. When we told her we were going to Knoxville today, she assumed that we were staying in a hotel this evening as well. She wasn't too disappointed when we told her otherwise. I think she likes the hotel so much because there was an indoor pool and she got to swim twice. She LOVES the water!

This week also marked the 1 year anniversary of her palate surgery. I can't believe it's been a year already. She has come so far in that time, and may get to take a break from her speech therapy.

No comments: