Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Artist






Time really does fly, and I can't believe it's been over a week since I've posted anything. It's a busy place, but I try.


Maggie started her speech therapy last week and had her second session today. It is a work in progress, but she will be fine. We are now working on her b's, d's, p's, and t's. We just have to practice alot, but she is very compliant.


After Maggie's birthday party last week, my niece Kacey went to visit her grandmother in Knoxville. On Wednesday, Barbara, Maggie and I drove to Knoxville and picked her up, meeting my mother for dinner on the way back. Miraculously, Maggie did great in the car, so she is showing some improvement. We plan to get a portable dvd player very soon and hope that will make the car rides even better. Kacey went home on Friday.


Friday night we ordered Chinese take out and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Maggie actually watched without asking to watch Barney. I told her that she was from China, and I think she kind of understood. I asked her if mommy and daddy were from China, she said no. We then asked if she was from China, and she said yes. we also asked if her friend Mia was from China, and she said yes.


Maggie has been swimming alot lately and really enjoys being in the water. She also continues with gymnastics and really enjoys her days with mommy.


Maggie got an easel for her birthday and she has really grown fond of drawing and painting. She drew what I think is a face on her chalkboard, and we let her paint in the garage on Sunday as it was a beautiful day! Like myself, she loves to be outside.

No comments: