Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to work






Well today I finally went back to work. I could definitely get used to staying home, so I need to start playing the lottery. Work wasn't bad, but it was hard not being home with Maggie and Barbara. I think they missed me, as I was actually greeted at the door with a big smile. That made me feel better. Maggie has been doing great. She is still sleeping in her own bed and has not cried at all the past two nights. She does not go to sleep in her bed however. We let her sit in the living room with us until she falls asleep, and then I carry her to bed. She usually falls asleep between 8:30 and 9. She still will not take a nap, but she did fall asleep at 6 pm on Saturday WHILE EATING DINNER! (I wish I got her picture). She slept for an hour, and didn't fall asleep again until after 10. She is doing so much better with others, opening up more and not being as shy. Maggie saw her bike helmet in the garage before we took her tricycle out on Friday. She put it on and pointed to the tricycle. She actually knew that she is supposed to wear a helmet while riding her tricycle (mom and dad haven't been enforcing that law). On Friday night we hosted the waiting family group and Maggie had two playmates - Mia and her new friend Elisabeth. Elisabeth turned 3 in March. They played very well together and all the adults seemed to have a good time. She also met her friend Alyssa on Friday. Alyssa is 2 months younger than Maggie but is much taller. Maggie seems to play better with kids her own size or smaller, so she didn't take to Alyssa as much as the others. I think this will improve with time. Maggie can say the abc song, but doesn't annunciate the letters. Regardless, we are pretty impressed. She seems to learn more and more every day and we continue to communicate very well. Tonight she actually let me take her picture, and she even posed for us (it was adorable). We called the doctor on Friday and he said all the blood work they ran came back great. It seems that Maggie is in great health. She continues to eat well, and we found some yogurt that she will eat. Her favorite foods are strawberry ice cream, chips and salsa, and doritos. I know they are not too healthy, but she does eat her vegetables also. Maggie is incredible and we still can't believe that she is ours.

1 comment:

Ladybugsmom said...

I love Maggie's hair bow...could it be THE ONE! She gets cuter by the day.