Wednesday, April 9, 2008

work visit

Today we took Maggie to the federal courthouse to meet my co-workers. We spent almost 3 hours going from office to office meeting everybody. She did great and showed alot of personality. She definitely knows how to draw and keep a crowd. We got a very nice cross stitch for Maggie with her birthday and gotcha dates. She also got her first bikini, let's just hope she keeps it on (she still likes being naked). My aunt and uncle sent Maggie a lovely outfit and some cards to help her learn English - they are so thoughtful. We continue to be blessed with great friends and family. Maggie is still sleeping in her bed, although she cries once or twice during the night. She is quickly comforted with pats on the back and is fast asleep. She still refuses to take a nap, but fell asleep for short periods the last few days. She either falls asleep in the car, or when I am outside doing yard work. I think she will take better naps when I go back to work. We are hosting the waiting family group we belong to on Friday and will share our stories and pictures from China. There are still several families waiting for referrals. I wish the wait wasn't so long. I will keep reminding that in the end, the wait will be well worth it and won't seem so long. We are going to Knoxville tomorrow to meet my sister and Maggie's cousin's son (would he be considered a second cousin or first cousin once removed? I still don't know how that works). My mom will also be meeting us for lunch. We love Maggie more and more everyday and still can't believe how blessed we are.

No comments: