Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nanning Zoo/McDonalds!

Today we went to the Nanning Zoo. It was very nice. They had all kinds of monkeys, gorillas, lions, kangaroos, dolphins, and more. We watched a show featuring dancing and bike riding bears. I have never seen anything like it. We also watched a dolphin show that was very nice. After the zoo we went to a local market and bought a few souvenirs. It was then off to McDonalds! I had the best Big Mac I have ever eaten, tasted just like they do at home. Barbara ate all of her chicken nuggets and french fries and Maggie ate her share. We discovered that she likes eating ketchup with a spoon and corn (comes with a happy meal). We also learned that she has no interest in orange juice. After lunch we ate delicious cake before coming back to the hotel for a nap. Tomorrow we leave for Guangzhou at 6:10 PM so will probably just relax. Barbara is comtemplating getting her hair washed and straightened at a local salon as well as getting a massage. I may go play ping pong with the guys from our companion families between now and tomorrow afternoon. I hope the pictures came through today, especially the last where I got one of Maggie with a big smile for a change. She smiles all the time, just not for the camera. Also today, Maggie really came out of her shell outside of the hotel room. She ran and played all day. She is taking to Barbara more, wanting her to hold her when she wants to be held, although she still comes to me often. It is an amazing experience and we are enjoying every second of our time with our sweet princess.

1 comment:

Shelley Banks said...

I am crying tears of joy reviewing your journey!!!I can't wait to meet her!