Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our last night at home without Maggie

I spent the day today baby proofing the house. I never knew putting latches on cabinets could be so difficult. I searched three stores for ones that didn't require screws (unsuccessfully). We are all ready to go, and we will be heading to Atlanta tomorrow. It's hard to believe this will be our last night at home as a childless couple. It seems so long ago that we felt we would never get to Maggie. Now it seems that the process began yesterday. What a roller coaster ride it's been. We can't wait to experience this next journey of our life. We continue to get overwhelming support from family and friends, and I hope we can share pictures with Maggie soon. I can't wait to get to China, but it's going to be a looooooooooong day from Friday to Saturday. If that is the worst of my worries, I think I'll be just fine. For those of you following along, I hope to post from China on Sunday. I know that China has strict website restrictions, so I hope that I can access this blog. If not, I will have alot to catch up on when we return. Thanks for all of your prayers and support. They are helping us through this exciting time in our lives.

2 comments:

Chris and Julie said...

Oh, we are soooo excited for you two. I hope you can update from China. We can't wait to hear ALL about it. We will be saying prayers for you while you're traveling.

Julie & Chris

Lauren, Shaun & Michael said...

We are so excited for you. Maggie is so blessed to have the two of you as parents. We can't wait to meet her.
Love,
Lauren, Shaun & Michael