Monday, March 24, 2008

Ready to come home

Sorry I've only been posting every other day. We've been busy and it seems that I don't have alot of time on here without my little princess wanting to help. Barbara is playing and keeping her occupied right now. Yesterday we went to the folk art museum and the pearl market. The museum was basically a historic site here in Guangzhou and a tourist area. We then went to the Pearl Market - 5 stories of jewelry stores! We bought Maggie some pearls to give to her at age 16 and a jade necklace when she turns 18. We also got her a bracelet to wear now and a few other things. We also got Barbara some nice pearl earrings. They were very reasonably priced. We then went to the grocery store for bottled water and back to the room for a nap. Barbara went to get her hair washed, but made the mistake of going before Maggie fell asleep. Maggie cried for her mommy and finally slept. For the first time, she wet the bed. I think it is because she drank too much apple juice. For dinner we went to a bakery/deli next to the hotel. They have Haagen Daas ice cream. We have been eating more of our meals at Lucy's, but I hope we can go to a thai restaurant called the Cow and Bridge before we leave. We were to go with our group yesterday, but Maggie was still taking her nap. Well Maggie misses dad, so I have to finish this up. I hope to write more soon. We are ready to come home, but we are enjoying our time with our precious daughter.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the updates. I know you all have had a wonderful time in China, but we'll be so glad when you are home. I can't wait to meet Maggie. She is truly blessed and so are you all. Enjoy what time you have there.I'll pray for safe travels.

Love ya,
Cliff, Jill,and Erika

Tim, Jen and Mia said...

Mia said to tell Maggie hi and she can't wait to play with her! See you guys soon!!