Friday, March 28, 2008

We're home!!!!

Well we finally made it home, and it seems that we have had Maggie forever (I couldn't imagine being without her). Yesterday was a long day, but I have no complaints about our experience. I was able to read the comments from everyone, and am thankful that we have such great friends and family to introduce to our precious daughter. The flights were uneventful, although Maggie got a little cranky during the trip from Tokyo to Detroit. She did sleep the last four hours. We drove home from Atlanta and got home at 11:00 PM. We went to bed at midnight, and Maggie and I were up by 5:30 AM. I guess it's gonna take some time to get used to the time change. Barbara actually slept until 9 AM. It's great to be home, and Maggie seems to like her new house. We played all morning. We had a welcome home sign on the door when we got home, although I'm not sure who it is from, but we thank you. We can't wait to see everyone, and can be contacted any time. I will take more pictures of Maggie as we settle in and will continue to post to our blog. It's amazing how many people have been following our incredible journey. It is one that we will never ever forget. Our trip brought us closer together and we made some great new friends. We do feel truly blessed to have the opportunities that we have had and this is truly a dream come true.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad that you all are home, and we can't wait to meet Maggie! It was so good to hear from you today Barbara. I know you are glad to be back home. What a new world awaits for Maggie! I can't wait to see her. You all try to get some rest, and we want to see you soon.

Love you all,

Cliff, Jill, and Erika

Ladybugsmom said...

Welcome home family of 3, we can't wait to meet your new addition. Take care and thanks for sharing your journey of a lifetime.
Emily and Mel